Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph/Signature and Document
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital)
image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- If candidate belongs to ST/SC/OBC he/she will be required to upload the scanned
copy cast certificate in PDF format.
- If candidate belongs to physical handicapped he/she will be required to upload
the scanned copy of certificate in PDF format.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured,
preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place
yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed
but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of
the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the
DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the
examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use
the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is :
image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the
folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in
.jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or
MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be
saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be
reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then
resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the
‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with
a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button.
Your Online Application will not be submitted unless you upload your photograph
and signature as specified.
- If candidate belongs to ST/SC/OBC candidate required to upload certificate of
Cast in PDF format.
- If candidate belongs to Physical handicapped candidate required to upload
certificate of Physical handicapped in PDF format.Size of file should be between 100kb – 500kb
- Candidate is required to upload educational/Professional qualification,Date of Birth,Experience Certificate and if any other relevent ccertificate.
- Each certificate mentioned above should be uploaded as 1(one) single PDF format.
- Size of file for Date of Birth Certificate should be between 100kb – 5120KB
- Size of file for educational/Professional qualification,Experience Certificate and if any other relevent Certificate should be between 100kb – 10240kb
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s
application may be rejected.
- After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their
system generated online application forms.
- In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his/ her
application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature